Sunday 1 January 2012

2011 Wash-up, or is it 2012 Kick-off .....

I'm generally a 'the glass is half full' type of bloke so I suppose this should be a positive look forward to a great year in 2012.  Nevertheless, it's always important to learn by any mistake, though I rarely do and of which there have been many.  It could be said that one of my considered 'mistakes' was to move to Bulgaria.  That said, I'm not sure that in the UK, I would have ever had the same opportunities that this adventure has presented.

How many people can say that they spent part of new years day bottling the product of grapes grown in their garden.  It was a 'failed' grape crop last year, mainly due to birds, but I collected enough grapes to make a blend, sufficient to yield 15 bottles of a half decent tasting Rose wine.

How many people can say that after 4 years in Bulgaria, we were finally able to afford to buy a Turkey for Christmas dinner.  I was also able to buy my lovely partner a gift, one that she really wanted and would appreciate, for her birthday  .... which unfortunately falls on 23 Dec.

How many people can say that they live in a beautiful part of the world, do not have a mortgage, do not have to answer to a boss, do not have ALL of the trappings of a 21st century living, but have pretty much all that they need to sustain life and enough to gift to neighbours and friends too (not cash obviously :), and have learned and are learning new skills in support of this, our self reliant life.  Well  ......... WE CAN!!

What's that got to do with anything?   Nothing I suppose but its a bloody good reality check and a great basis to kick-off what we hope will be for you and us ...... a fantastic year in 2012.

Честита Нова Година!!!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


P.S.  I've reviewed my goals from last year .... 
and resolve to do better this year ..... really!



No comments:

Post a Comment